During the last years when working with international brides I have learnt a lot about the actual wedding preparation. Therefore, I would like to share with you my learnings in form of a check list that can save time for you when you are starting the planning for the hair & make-up preparation for your big day.
- Look for and choose 3-5 images that shows what type of hair style you would like to have at your wedding.
- Think about what make-up you usually wear and define the colours you feel comfortable in (if you have images or examples to show better).
- Book a trial at least 1 month before the wedding day for your hair and make up.
- Send the images or bring them along at your trial so the hair & make-up artist gets a detailed picture of what you are expecting and looking for.
- Send or bring along a picture of your wedding dress.That way we can create something beautiful with the hair and make up that goes well with your dress.
- Give your honest opinion at the trial, it s now we can play around with different options until we find the one you like the best.
- Will more people at the wedding day need our services?
- Allow at least 2 hours for your hair and make up at the day of your wedding.
- Ideally wash your hair the night before the wedding, its much easier for us to work with the hair then.
- A flower or other detail looks very pretty with the hairstyle of the bride, ask your florist to make you an extra flower or have a look at clips that would look nice in your hair, Accessorize has many pretty ones (www.accessorize.com)
Hope you find this list with useful and if you have any other tips please feel free to share them with us.
For more detailed information about trial and hair & make-up services click here.
Professional Hair & Make-Up Artist, Barcelona